Download this policy. (File is in .pdf format. Requires Adobe Acrobat Reader)
- Accord Financial Solutions Pty Ltd is by the National Privacy Principles established under the Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act, 2012. The Act sets out a number of Australian Privacy Principles (APPs). Our aim is both support and ensure that we comply with these principles. Further information on privacy in Australia may be obtained by visiting the website of the Office of the Federal Privacy Commissioner at http://www.privacy.gov.au
As a provider of financial planning services we are subject to certain legislative and regulatory requirements which necessitate us obtaining and holding detailed information which personally identifies you and/or contains information or an opinion about you. Our ability to provide you with comprehensive financial planning services and advice is dependent on us obtaining certain personal and sensitive information about you, which may include:
- employment details and employment history;
- details of your financial needs and objectives;
- details of your current financial circumstances, including your assets and liabilities (both actual and potential), income, expenditure, insurance cover and superannuation;
- details of your investment preferences and aversion or tolerance to risk;
- information about your employment history, employment circumstances, family commitments and social security eligibility; and health information (for some types of insurance)
Failure to provide the personal and sensitive information referred to above may expose you to higher risks in respect of the recommendations made to you and may affect the adequacy or appropriateness of advice or financial service we give to you.
We will not collect any personal information about you except when you have knowingly provided that information to us or authorised a third party to provide that information to us.
Generally collection of your personal information will be effected in either face to face interviews, over the telephone or by way of an online client engagement form. From time to time additional and/or updated personal information may be collected through one or more of those methods.
We may also receive information about you from another Licensee as a result of our provision of financial planning support services to that other Licensee, including the provision of services relating to the processing of brokerage payments and compliance support services. We will take reasonable steps to make sure that you are made aware of our collection of information about you.